1. Get to know your legislators
- Arrange personal visits and send handwritten letters to build a relationship with your state elected officials. These are high-impact ways to connect and show your support of Georgia Tech.
- To get a list of the representatives for your district, enter your address or zip code on the Project Vote Smart website.
- Be sure to follow your legislators’ newsletters and social media posts that aim to keep constituents informed of key issues in their communities.
2. Connect with other alumni in your community
- Engage with your local alumni network, and open the door to more opportunities to advocate for Tech.
- Help host an alumni event with an Institute Relations representative, and learn more about advocacy efforts and Georgia Tech’s impact around the state. To host an event, email us today!
3. Attend Georgia Tech’s Annual Legislative Briefing
- Each year, advocates and friends of Georgia Tech gather on campus in anticipation of the upcoming legislative session that typically runs January through March.
- This event highlights Georgia Tech and the University System of Georgia’s legislative priorities for the year and is announced to all Capitol Jackets members.
- To find out when the next event is scheduled, check our News & Events page.
4. Stay informed
5. Help spread the good word
- One of the easiest ways to advocate for Georgia Tech is to tell the Tech story to those around you.
- Contact us if you are interested in exploring the Georgia Tech campus in order to assist you in being a more informed advocate.